Hair loss in men can be embarrassing, but for women, it is a whole other matter. There is very little social acceptance of women who lose their hair, and very little understanding of female hair loss, and the conditions which cause it.
Women with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) are most likely to develop extensive hair loss. PCOS is a female disorder where there is hormonal imbalance that affects menstrual period and ovulation. Females suffering from this disorder have lots of cysts on their ovaries, high levels of androgens and missed or irregular periods.
Thinning of the hair in the scalp area is associated with the change in the hormonal balance of an individual. The good news is that there are available PCOS hair loss treatments for women. It is important that the disorder be properly diagnosed to arrive into effective treatment. There are medicines that increase hair growth. These are:
- Spironolactone, initially used as antihypertensive drug but was found to reduce the effect of male hormones on hair growth in women.
- Finasteride also has the same drug action.
- Birth control pills, regulates menstrual cycles, reducing androgen levels. This may be used along with other medication to be more effective.
- Androgen-blocking (anti-androgen) medications. However this should be avoided if a woman is expecting to be pregnant.
- Topical Minoxidil, a vasodilator but was later found to be a potent drug for promoting hair growth. It has very little or no side effect at all.
- Provillus works well with other vitamins. This promotes hair growth.
- Saw Palmetto, it prevents conversion of testosterone into dihydrotestosterone.
- Vitamins like B can increase the health of the existing hair.
- Treatments like the Hair Loss Black Book!
Treatment varies from one person to another. It is important to know what works well with a specific person. To achieve successful PCOS hair loss treatment for women, it is essential that all underlying cause of this disorder be corrected. Obesity for example should be managed by proper nutrition and dietary restriction like cutting down on carbohydrate intake. Proper exercise is very essential too. Checking for the sugar elevation and taking medicines for this like Metformin is equally as important as all the treatments.
In some cases women with hair loss may opt for hair transplant. But this could be the last resort. Herbal treatment is another option as well as the very indispensable cleansing of the whole body system. Eradication of all the toxic elements in our system proves to be a helpful factor in promoting good health.
Hair loss can cause a drop down in the quality of life of a woman. Having a support group can also be helpful to women suffering from this disorder. It is truly essential for every woman to be able to accept that this is not permanent and can be managed. The above treatments when properly taken can do a lot for the prevention of further hair loss. And in as much as treatments are available, paying more attention to other health concerns is of utmost importance too. Keep on staying on living a healthy life, with enough sleep, a good thought and a positive attitude will all contribute to overall health condition. Keep living in a happy environment along with good friends and of course the family. Living happily is living healthy.
There’s no hair loss treatment programme that doesn’t promise amazing results, and the Hair Loss Black Book is no exception. However, this one really does deliver.